Accidents involving large semi trucks are often catastrophic, resulting in severe injury or death. There are many semi trucks on the Los Angeles freeways, and unfortunately accidents are fairly common. If you’ve been involved in a semi truck collision, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
The truck accident lawyers at Sepulveda Sanchez Law are highly experienced and know the in and outs of trucking regulations. Give us a call at 213-426-1051 for your free consultation in English or Spanish today. We serve clients in East Los Angeles, Pasadena, and other areas of greater Los Angeles, CA.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Driving a semi truck requires long hours on the road with few breaks. The size of a semi truck means that the smallest mistake can be fatal, so truck drivers need to be incredibly vigilant at all times. Unfortunately, due to pressure on drivers to make deadlines or poor training practices, many truck drivers are prone to mistakes.
Some of the most common causes of semi truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue: Long hours and deadline pressures mean that a lot of truck drivers are driving while dangerously tired. This can lead to slower reaction times and even falling asleep at the wheel.
- Substance abuse: Drugs and alcohol are unfortunately a major problem among many truck drivers.
- Losing control at high speeds: A vehicle as large as a semi truck is harder to control than a smaller car. When traveling at high speeds, it can be easy to lose control and cause an accident.
- Poor truck maintenance: It takes time and money to maintain a large truck, so drivers often skip routine maintenance. In addition, sometimes truck maintenance shops simply do a poor or careless job to try to maximize profits on a tight schedule.
- Distracted driving: As with regular car drivers, truck drivers are also prone to distractions such as using their phone, changing the radio station, or eating and drinking while driving.
If your car crash was caused by a careless semi truck driver, don’t wait to call Sepulveda Sanchez Law. The sooner you call, the easier it is to gather the necessary evidence for your case.
Common Injuries from Truck Accidents
Semi trucks are big and heavy, and it’s rare to escape from an accident unscathed. Even the heaviest SUV is no match for a tractor trailer. Common injuries from a semi truck crash can include:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Loss of limbs
- Broken bones
These types of injuries can all require extensive hospitalization, surgeries, and loss of quality of life. You may need to undergo extensive rehabilitation, and your life may never be the same. If you end up disabled, you may lose your ability to work and provide for your family.
Semi truck accidents have a much higher percentage of fatalities than other types of car wrecks. If your loved one died in a semi truck crash, contact us about a wrongful death lawsuit.
We know that it can be difficult to deal with the aftermath of a loved one’s death, but we will treat you with compassion and respect. There are many unexpected expenses involved with funerals and burials, and we want to make sure that your family can stay afloat during this tragic time.
Schedule Your Complimentary Consultation
We serve clients in Los Angeles, East Los Angeles, Pasadena, and other nearby areas of southern California.